I have recently come across a very interesting article from Mac|Life about the Terminal – Apple’s MS-DOS kind of thing – and I finally felt a little bit less dummy regarding this built-in command-line application.
The tips that stroke me the most:
5. Make All Links In Safari Open As New Tabs
7. Show Hidden Files in The Finder
8. Change The File Format For Screenshots
9. Disable the Dashboard
10. Compress And Password-protect A File or Folder
11. Fix File Permissions
12. Securely Erase Free Space On Your Dard Drive
19. Compare The Differences Between Two Text Files
22. Backup In A Snap
25. Snap superior screenshots
Click here to read the full article and find out how to pull off these useful tricks using the Terminal.
And don’t forget to leave a comment with your impressions in case you give them a try!
That’s all folks!